Thursday, November 21, 2013

What is this?

After working for years with Google Maps and locating interesting buildings and objects with Bird's Eye View (BEV) - see image -  and StreetView (SV), they recently added the ability to look inside businesses using the ORANGE dot indicator. This allows you to virtually wander around inside a business. The data points includes many art galleries.

I suspect that in no time they will allow users to filter results around ORANGE dots but I wanted a forum to capture the art galleries that are participating in this new format because it interests me.

This is different than the project that captured artwork within museums. These are small to medium galleries that have allowed a photographer to record an exhibit or their current inventory. My interest is in modern and contemporary art so not every gallery that is available will be recorded here. I will also include a museum if it has an ORANGE dot.

I will attempt to identify the time frame that the gallery was captured based on the work that is displayed.

If you find this blog and know a gallery that is missing, don't hesitate to drop me a line.

Here goes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment